Local History Background Reading (1)
(*) Available for sale in the museum
Baldock Voices (*), ed: Maureen Maddren, 1991, Egon Publishers Ltd, Baldock
- Baldock in the 20th century as remembered by Baldock people with many photos.
Baldock Scrapbook (*), ed: Maureen Maddren, 1994, Egon Publishers Ltd, Baldock
- similar style but more illustrated than Baldock Voices and with photos back to 1860
Baldock's Middle Ages (*), Vivian Crellin, 1995, Egon Publishers Ltd, Baldock
- describes the formation of the town by the Knights Templar and its development to the 15th century.
A Market Town in Tudor Times (*), Vivian Crellin, 1996, Egon Publishers Ltd, Baldock
- a description of Baldock in the 16th century using the parish records
Ancient Baldock: the story of an Iron Age and Roman Town, Keith J Fitzpatrick-Matthews and Gilbert R
Burleigh, 2007, North Hertfordshire Museums Service/ North Hertfordshire Archaeological Society
- an easy to read summary of Baldock's early years based on the extensive archaeological excavations.