When doing family or local history research, it helps to remember that Baldock was a very small parish and that the parish boundaries have changed.
Until 1882, the Parish of Baldock was the area enclosed by South Road, Clothall Road, Station Road, Icknield Way West, Norton Road, Weston Way and Crabtree Lane. Only one side of the each road was in Baldock parish.
This means that, for example, those living on the south side of South Road lived in the Parish of Weston but those on the north side lived in Baldock.
This gives rise to situations in family history research where someone is recorded as living in Weston but then moving to Baldock when in fact they only moved across the road!